Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Creating centered adsense below the header image

Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:55 PM
sean.e

14 posts · May 2011
Hi!

I've scoured all the threads on header + adsense, and am still having trouble. It seems a very simple problem: I am trying to get the ad under my menu to be aligned center, instead of aligned right.

I am using the top widget area to accomplish this, but I can't figure out how to tweak the alignment. Here is the code I'm using (taken from another threat on the same subject:

<div id="my-head"> <?php bfa_widget_area('name=topwidgetarea&cells=2&width_ 1=730&width_2=230&align=8&align_2=6&before_widget= <div id="%1" class="header-widget %1">&after_widget=</div>'); ?> </div>

Here is my site: http://www.newmusicrelease.net

Thanks for any help.

Sean
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Take a look at the New Widget Area section of the theme options. A single celled widget area that is build to align the contents in the center would do the trick. Not sure what all the other code you have is for along with having a two celled widget area you have it wrapped in a div which in this case I don't think is necessary.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 02:35 PM
sean.e

14 posts · May 2011
Wow. I never saw the new widget area before, so thanks for that!

I'm still having trouble. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I can't tell which things will give me a widget that displays a 728 (or whatever) by 60 ad in the very center under my menu.

Can anyone help me with this? Can anyone produce the little bit of code for me to insert?

Much, much obliged.

-sean
Old Sep 14, 2011, 03:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Try this
First remove the widget from the widget area you put in. Then remove the code for the widget area.
Now go to the Add New Widget Area section and delete the widget area you just removed the code for.
Add the following code in the same place you just removed the old code from. The default should align what you put in it top center. If it doesn't it's an easy fix.
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Top Widget Area'); ?>
After you have that there you should take out the widgets you have in the current widget area and delete the old widget area in

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 14, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 04:52 PM
sean.e

14 posts · May 2011
Hmm.

I did as suggested, but it did not give me a widget area on the widget selection screen (where it has left, left inner, right, and right inner widget areas.

Wonder why.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you go view the site before looking at the widget area? The code has to be run (by visiting the site) before the widget area will show up
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:42 PM
sean.e

14 posts · May 2011
Yes, thanks. I did that, and the widget is there, but still displaying to the left. Here is the code I currently have in place:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Top Widget Area'); ?>

and my site still looks like this: newmusicrelease.net
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You just need to use some CSS to center. Here is one snippet that should work.
HTML Code:
#text-29 {
    text-align: center;
}
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:22 PM
sean.e

14 posts · May 2011
So I just stick that in the css page in "editor" at any place? Does it matter?

I've never done something like that before, so I'm not sure where the code should actually be placed!

Thx.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
put the css in the ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts option

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 15, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:28 AM
sean.e

14 posts · May 2011
amazing! It worked!

Thanks guys