Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

My take on page2cat

Old Jan 1, 2010, 07:59 AM
tagesk

9 posts · Aug 2009
Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
I wanted

* Some of my Categories to land on Pages.
* If we land on a Page, (use page2cat to) show the page. In this case, do not show the posts.
* If no Page has been associated with a Category, list the Category as normal.

For this to work I had page2cat return a value rather than printing "Archive for...." and used the return value to determine in index.php what to do (show the posts or not).

Works like a charm.

Happy to share the details if there is interest.

[TaSk]
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:45 AM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks for this. Yes, please give me all details. I'm new to codex and all that. Cheers!