Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Is there an easy way to do seasonal colour changes?

Old Jul 3, 2010, 04:47 AM
chamjumi

1 posts · Jul 2010
Is there an easy way to do seasonal colour changes?

Hi

http://www.blagdon.streamlinenettrial.co.uk (Wordpress 2.9.2, Atahualpa 3.4.6)

I'm new to this so forgive me if I've created this in the wrong place or get the etiquette wrong. I'd best describe my ability level as someone who can drive a car but hasn't a clue how it works or how to fix it. I've loved using Atahualpa as I've found it really friendly and easy to set up. So I'm hoping the following will be relatively easy too.

Previously the site (above) was built in html and each quarter the colours were changed to reflect the season we were in. It's a couple of months before it should change to autumn colours but I was wondering if there was an easy way to do this other than going into the theme and changing each setting over. Is it possible to duplicate the theme so each season has it's own Atahualpa theme which could then just be chosen from the themes option on the Wordpress dashboard. Also I'd like to have the header images reflect the season (somehow seems wrong seeing the village under snow when it's hot outside ). Or is there another option?

The site is for a village in the UK and is run by a small group of residents. Their level of knowledge is less than mine so the solution will have to be one any of them can easily set up, which means really as simple and non technical as possible.

Suggestions would be really appreciated as this feels like a huge learning curve and anything that can make that easier would be fantastic.

Many thanks, J
Old Jul 3, 2010, 05:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
One way you could do this is to use the new Export/Import feature. With 3.5.1 you can now export your style, so you could set you the theme for summer and export it, call the result 'summer-style.txt'. Then restyle the theme for fall and export it etc.

then at the right time, all someone has to do is import the 'winter-style.txt' and it is set up for winter