Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

User Registration link

Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:59 PM
vincotek

10 posts · Mar 2009
Pardon me if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find how to put a link for users to register. Can you point me in the right direction.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 08:18 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Either use the "Meta" widget or see A. Theme Options -> Footer -> Footer content
Old Mar 24, 2009, 08:40 PM
vincotek

10 posts · Mar 2009
In the Theme Options Footer can html <br> be used to place the copyright below the login/logout?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 09:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
HTML can be used including <br> but it should be <br /> if you want to have correct XHTML code (Atahualpa is XHTML Strict)
Old May 4, 2009, 10:01 AM
dwbaylor

5 posts · Apr 2009
I guess I am not understanding because I have two problems based on the discussion above.

First, I was able to find the %register% in the foot content option. However, when I put it in, it does not seem to do anything. I got the %loginout% option to appear, but the %register%. Any thoughts?

My site is at www.forthemultitude.org

Also, it says above that we could also use the Meta widget. I have this installed and I cannot figure out how register. Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong??
Old May 5, 2009, 06:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You're probably logged in that's why. Many Wordpress functions (and so the Atahualpa tags and functions) will only display stuff depending on who's viewing the page. If you're already logged in it'd be pointless to offer you a Register link.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:54 AM
dwbaylor

5 posts · Apr 2009
Unfortunately, this does not appear to the case. I went to my site cold...never logged into today...Meta shows "Login" as an option, but "Register" does not appear in either the Meta section or in the footer. I have checked in IE7, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox but the result is the same. Also, in the case of Chrome and Safari, this is the first time I have used these browsers, so I do not think it is a case of the site recognizing me through a cookie. I also cleared my cache and cookies and it does not seem to make a difference. Any other thoughts?
Old May 6, 2009, 03:17 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you checked Settings -> General -> Membership -> Anyone can register?
Old May 6, 2009, 03:50 PM
dwbaylor

5 posts · Apr 2009
That was it. Thanks for being patient. I am really new at this. I will make donation to help cover your time. Thanks again.