Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Fixing center column and sidebar in FLUID Layout

Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:01 AM
thriftyal

1 posts · Nov 2009
I am using Atahualpa 3.4.4 (time to upgrade...I know ) on WP 2.9.2 and most of my testing is on FireFox 3.6.3.

I would like to keep the center and sidebars at a fixed width while allowing my header to always be at 100% of the browser width.

I tried the following in HTML/CSS Inserts > CSS Inserts but it only seemed to make the minimum width as 700px for the center column. As soon as I stretch my browser it stretches the width of that center column.
.coltwo { width: 700px;}

I then adjusted the site to see how you were setting the width in FLUID mode and setting max/min width under Style & Configure Layout > Layout MIN/MAX width and then attempted to set my CSS to the following. This seemed again to only disallow the width of the center column from going under 700px while stretching the column at greater widths.
.coltwo { width: 700px; min-width:700px; max-width:700px }

I would like to set the column and right sidebar width as 700px + 360px but let the header stretch to 100% width.

Is there a way to do that with the FLUID layout using customized CSS?

BTW, thanks for all the work you guys do!! Your theme is the most customizable and so easy to use!!! You're awesome!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:08 AM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Alrewas, Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftyal
I am using Atahualpa 3.4.4 (time to upgrade...I know ) on WP 2.9.2 and most of my testing is on FireFox 3.6.3.

I would like to keep the center and sidebars at a fixed width while allowing my header to always be at 100% of the browser width.
I don't know about 3.4.4 but in later versions the best place to adjust the header size is in Style & Edit Header?

I would highly recommend upgrading to 3.5.1 - it should pull in your existing settings and also give you the option to export/import them to a separate file thus greatly simplifying the process of tweaking your site.

Cheers

Will
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can't do this without digging into the code and making some changes.

the entire site is a table with three rows
the header
the middle and
the footer.

and all the rows are the same width