Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Moving Center/Post Content below or after Sidebars

Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:28 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
I'm not sure if this is a theme issue or one to take up in the WP forums, but I figured I'd give it a shot here.

I'm creating a widgetized front page for a site that I'm currently working on. Instead of creating new sidebars, I'm going to selectively use the existing four to achieve the effect I want.

At first, I used a older method of adding three extra sidebars to front page and decided against it. However, by doing it that way, I was able to either have the center post content show up either before or after these "hotwired" sidebars.

Is there any way to achieve this with the current sidebars as is?

Basically, I want it so that if anyone posts content to the front page, it would fall below sidebars as opposed to loading up along side them.

Would I just need to create those independent front page sidebars again?

Any help provided would be amazing!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It seems like you could do that my adding widget areas. There are some good threads on the forum about adding widget areas to various places on your site.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:42 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
hmm. I should've specified.

That is the way I achieved this before. By creating three new widget areas on my front page and putting them after the content in the index.php file.

I'm trying to figure out now if there is a way to accomplish this without necessarily having to do it that way, using the 4 widget areas that come preloaded with the theme.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Without extra coding or widget areas the four widget areas you mention will just give you four columns with the posts between them.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:47 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
That's what I figured, but was just hoping there was some random way I didn't think of to get around it.