Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Custom Read More with PHP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Custom Read More with PHP

Hey Flynn and JD,

I'm trying to make Custom Read More text for excerpts using PHP but it doesn't seem to be working.

This is what my code looks like:

PHP Code:
<?php if ( !in_category('underground') ) { ?>...<p>Continue reading <a href="%permalink%" rel="nofollow">> %title% <</a></p><?php ?>
I want it to show the continue reading part only if the post is NOT in that category.

The PHP I've added doesn't seem to be affecting anything, the text is still shown no matter what.

Is that how you're supposed to do it? Or does PHP not work for styling the read more (even though it says use HTML and PHP to style).

Thanks,

Adam