Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Montezuma - showing off

Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:38 AM
Michael4fm

38 posts · Nov 2011
Manchester, UK
Looks good well done.

Minor suggestion / feedback, if you're anal like me about "white space" in sidebars ...

You can create a "postformat" that includes a dynamic sidebar, then use a single widget in that sidebar that will output something 'randomised' ... e.g. an advert or an image. Then for every post that is listed, it'll be 'full width' with a different item to the right (or left, depending where you put the 'sidebar'). Here's an exampe, in case I've not explained well: http://misc.s-t-u-f-f.net/category/some/funny/

Downside is that you'd lose the first couple of non-random widgets you currently have in your sidebar. You could get around this by putting them as a header or a footer in 'category.php', 'archive.php', 'tag.php' etc. Not sure if that's too much trouble, not an issue for you, etc., but thought I'd share!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
rodney18: apply the Montezuma patch's - on safari it looks terrible.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
marko

8 posts · Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
marko: you should apply PATCH 113-01 to fix the thumbnail overlay - see the stickys in this forum.
Thanks for the tip juggledad I've got a question for you if I want to get rid of the mobile navigation bar how do go about doing it? as i want the icons to display on the mobile and ipad version of the site. And also floating it to the right next to the logo instead of having in centered after the logo.

Thanks

http://electrobusiness.co.uk
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This thread is for showing off. If you have an issue, open a new thread.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 04:15 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
I think I have finally finished this one

www.tastenfischer.de

Nice theme! Thanks a lot for support, too!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:57 PM
Neut

26 posts · Jul 2010
The Netherlands, Europe, Earth
Nice Ilke, very nice.
Why do you use a fixed width? You don't want to use the same theme for mobile devices?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:06 AM
frankhamm

35 posts · Jan 2009
56459 Mähren - Germany
This is the first Montezuma Version of my Website Frank Hamm Webdesign. In the past I used Atahualpa, but because of responsive Webdesign, i switched to Montezuma for my 2013 Redesign.

Constuctive Feedback is always welcomed.

Regards from Germany

Frank Hamm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:35 AM
Michael4fm

38 posts · Nov 2011
Manchester, UK
Constructive criticism is difficult ... cos it looks good ;-)

Personally, I'd find a way to make the website name go full width rather than wrap, but that's because I'm really anal about white space. Also, the RSS link is a bit 'out on its own'. I know that's a 'theme' thing, don't actually understand why but I do find it a bit weird. That would be countered, to some extent, by a full width title above the navigation. Er ... don't know how you'd do it though! :-)

Looked again, and it would look even better (I think) if it went TITLE | SUBTITLE | RSS LINK then a navigation row below ... would give you more room to add additional navigation if you need to. On the other hand, I don't do web design for a living! :-)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:44 AM
jonobrennan

2 posts · Jul 2009
Just about done:

www.gibbins.net

Thanks guys!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:49 AM
kalibali04

12 posts · Mar 2011
here's my finished product: http://4seasonsoutdoorservices.com/

I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve it.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 07:55 AM
totesit

2 posts · Mar 2013
http://www.TOTESIT.com

stayed true to montezuma's roots by keeping the default color scheme and layout. just a generic IT site with only small changes made. i added a second blog roll page, centered images while preserving black/white fade, changed a few icons, and played with a few other settings. love the montezuma theme and appreciate all the support provided by the admins. please don't post questions to this thread...juggledad will find you.

Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
totesit: you need to put in the PATCH 113-01 or the site looks terrible in Safari
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:09 AM
totesit

2 posts · Mar 2013
juggledad: PATCH 113-01 kills the black/white fade and decenters my featured images. i rolled back for now, will look into this more and open a new thread if i have any questions. safari 5.1.7 for windows looks ok without the patch. hopefully i have no mac users visiting my site..
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:30 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhamm
This is the first Montezuma Version of my Website Frank Hamm Webdesign. In the past I used Atahualpa, but because of responsive Webdesign, i switched to Montezuma for my 2013 Redesign.

Constuctive Feedback is always welcomed.

Regards from Germany

Frank Hamm
Personally, I don't like the white-six.jpg image you have floating in front; it makes the site harder to read and is distracting, IMO. Other than that, I like it. Good color combination.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:17 AM
papalagi

41 posts · Nov 2009
Another one, the fourth for me with this theme, it's a couple days work, Montezuma is quite fast for developing:

http://www.mydigitaltribe.com/

enjoy!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:55 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalagi
Beautiful layout. And, the graphic effects that you created, mostly, with CSS, is nothing short of phenomenal!

Thank you for sharing it. It's a genuine inspiration. Both to you and Montezuma deserve a lot of credit.

Last edited by jerryc; Apr 12, 2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: missing comma
Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:05 AM
sspelta

1 posts · Apr 2013
This is my latest site using Montezuma. Good theme indeed

sspelta.altervista.org

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
yvoictra

2 posts · Apr 2013
Send a message via AIM to yvoictra Send a message via Yahoo to yvoictra Send a message via Skype™ to yvoictra
I have also use this theme in my web (But I don't like the image effect in the new update... )

My web: http://egomezm.es

Regards,
Old May 1, 2013, 07:02 PM
yvoictra

2 posts · Apr 2013
Send a message via AIM to yvoictra Send a message via Yahoo to yvoictra Send a message via Skype™ to yvoictra
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvoictra
I have also use this theme in my web (But I don't like the image effect in the new update... )

My web: http://egomezm.es

Regards,
Image issue solved in 1.1.9 version
Old May 8, 2013, 05:19 AM
kficzol

1 posts · May 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there!

This is the site I bult for Polish Mazury resort - Camp Pisz: www.camp.com.pl

As you can see I've made "several" changes to the original layout, in both css and graphics. Still, I can't be more satisfied with Montezuma theme! It's smart, easy to use and customize. What more can you ask? Maybe one little thing with updates... but I'll write about it elsewhere .

Anyway, thank you very much BFA Team! You're great ! Keep up the good work!
Old May 8, 2013, 07:57 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kficzol
This is the site I bult for Polish Mazury resort - Camp Pisz: www.camp.com.pl
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:57 AM
gorsehillMike

5 posts · Dec 2009
Really pleased with the new theme. Previously atahualpa served me well.

Pleased with my own progress in modifying and sylising it to fit with main site (which is also being updated and not complete)

http://www.gorsehill-labour.co.uk/wordpress
Old May 16, 2013, 03:06 PM
Darko

3 posts · May 2013
Hi fellows, this is my montezuma site, I am improving it day by day as I'm learning new stuff. http://techbloghr.com/
Old May 26, 2013, 08:49 PM
neoape

1 posts · May 2013
Montezuma was an easy theme to use on my first website.

Here's my attempt at a video game deals website: www.neoape.com
Old Jun 13, 2013, 08:35 AM
vhanniet

1 posts · Oct 2012
Hi all,
Here is the blog I set up with Montezuma theme - some tweaks (not so much): http://javateam.sodifrance.fr/