Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

wpmu adaptations

Old Feb 25, 2009, 03:09 AM
ovizii

16 posts · Feb 2009
hi there.

I have been thinking about using atahualpa on my wpmu installation but before this I would like to know how extensively your changes for wpmu have been, I mean it would be critically if a little loophole escaped your attention.

There is one thing, that I would like to disable: in the backend Atahualpa theme options => HTML/CSS Inserts - this is dangerous, it seems users can insert javascript.

How can I quickly disable this section for my wpmu install?

Besides, in almost any wpmu installation inserting frames, embeds, javascript, php is disabled and forbidden as its a huge security whole giving random users access to these things.

I would very much like to get feedback from the author to see if this theme is really ready for wpmu.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 05:29 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovizii
How can I quickly disable this section for my wpmu install?
Comment out the whole HTML Inserts section in functions/bfa_theme_options.php starting with // New category: html-inserts at around line 2223 and going up to // New category: Archives page at around line 2276. In functions.php comment out the line
HTML Code:
<li><a href="#" rel="html-inserts">HTML/CSS Inserts</a></li>
by changing it to
HTML Code:
<!--<li><a href="#" rel="html-inserts">HTML/CSS Inserts</a></li>-->
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:29 AM
ovizii

16 posts · Feb 2009
Thx :-) I had half-way foudn that out by myself, was not sure if I missed anything.
besides, is there any other potentially dangerous code in there for a wpmu isntallation where registrations are open for anyone?

btw. where can users of wpmu upload their header images? I can't fidn that function. OR do you have to attach the image headers you want to use to a post or just upload into the media manager?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The upload is different for WPMU users, they'll have to upload through the regular WP editor /media manager and Atahualpa will scan their upload folder for image file names
Code:
atahualpa_header_X.[jpg|gif|png|bmp]
Similar for own logo image: Upload through WP, then set file name at A. Theme Options -> Header -> Show Logo Image?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 06:46 AM
ovizii

16 posts · Feb 2009
do you think it would be possible to automatically disable the html/css inserts for a wpmu installation? After the latest update I forgot again to manually disable it...