Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Add class="no_icon" to menu link

Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:10 PM
attaboy

3 posts · Feb 2014
I'm using a WP plugin called External Links which places a little arrow icon next to external links.

You can override individual links with: class="no_icon"

I have one link in the primary horizontal menu bar that is external. I can't for the life of me find where to properly add the class="no_icon" to get rid of the little arrow icon on this one link.

I searched the forum and found a couple similar posts but nothing worked including modifying bfa_header_config.php.

I also tried adding <class="no_icon"> to the HTML inserts.

As you can see, I have no idea what I am doing.

Is anybody familiar with this plugin and has an idea how to modify a menu link to remove the arrow icon?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 01:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you tried adding that class to the menu item in the WordPress menu builder. If you don't see the class box you may have to enable it in Screen Options.

I just tested and adding that class doesn't work. What did work is making sure the apply globally check box is not checked in the plugin's settings.

Last edited by lmilesw; Feb 22, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 06:04 PM
attaboy

3 posts · Feb 2014
Thanks for the feedback, I forgot to mention I did try also the menu item in the menu builder with no luck but that a good suggestion. I also tried expanding the menu boxes to see if at least the arrow icon didn't look so crowded but it didn't do much.

I was trying to avoid turning off the global check box just for this one link but that may be the way to go. Thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you added the class of no_icon on the menu item (any other class name could be used as well) you could add the following to CSS Inserts to move the link icon away from the text.
HTML Code:
.no_icon a {
    padding-right: 15px !important;
}
Old Feb 24, 2014, 04:29 PM
attaboy

3 posts · Feb 2014
Good thinking. That worked. Thanks for the help!