Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Adding Sidebars

Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:57 PM
billybatz9

38 posts · Jan 2013
Adding Sidebars

Hello,

Is there anyway to add two additional sidebars to the right? Maybe even turning the "left sidebar" and "inner left sidebar" to two additional "inner right sidebars"... I need the options that they have now to exclude them from certain pages and etc...

Thank You

Last edited by billybatz9; Jun 23, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can add a two celled widget area into text widgets and put them in each of the sidebars.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:30 PM
billybatz9

38 posts · Jan 2013
Hello miles,

Thank you for such a fast reply.
I am not really sure I understand what you mean on what to do.
Is there any sort of documentary on how to do this? Will I be able to decide which pages and categories the "new side bars" are showeed on?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In the theme option there is a section about new widget areas. As for what pages they show on you could use the theme option to hide any of the built in sidebars which in this case would be two sidebars or you could perhaps use CSS along with the page ID that you can get from viewing the source to hide the sidebar with display:none. There have been some write ups on the forum for accomplishing some of this but it is a bit involved to give a simple step by step.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 07:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
trere is a thread in teh Gold Forums Tutorials: HOWTO: put an AD (or other) widget over/in the middle/under two sidebars that will explain how to do this.

The Gold Forum and the tutorials are avaliable to members who have donated $20 or more.