Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Disqus facebook connect and formatting problems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:34 PM
austin3959

3 posts · Jan 2010
Plugin Disqus facebook connect and formatting problems

Hello,

First of all: incredible theme! Atahualpa has made it possible for me to do some cool stuff with the design of my site, and I only know a little HTML and zero CSS.

My URL: www.strengthandhope.com (work in progress)

Problems: A couple issues: I'm having some problems with the Disqus comment system, but I think its possible that the issues are on my end (possibly with Atahualpa settings).

(1) super short version: instead of signing users in to comment, disqus-integrated facebook connect app reloads my homepage in the popup window.

I recently loaded the Disqus plugin to handle comments for my blog. I like the ability to allow users to login using a number of common web ID's. However, I can not for the life of me get facebook connect to work correctly. I have precisely followed the most recent tutorial I can find (the setup has changed on multiple occasions it seems), but it is still not functioning correctly. The facebook connect login screen will pop up when I click the icon, but a login attempt does nothing but reload my homepage in the same window that popped up for the login. The commentor status is still set to "guest." Strangely enough, visiting the facebook website after this shows that the form did in fact work to login into the facebook system, but it's not showing up on my site. If I login to facebook connect on a different blog that is using the Disqus system, my blog will allow me to leave comments with my facebook credentials. There is some kind of disconnect with the loading process, but I'm unsure as to where it is happening.

(2) super short version: Disqus is completely messing up my color formatting in comments by using my background color specified in "Body, Text & Links" instead of the white background specified in "Style and Configure Comments."

Disqus seems to have royally screwed up my formatting on comments pages. I have a dark blue background that I am using to frame the the header, center bar, and left sidebar. It looks fine on normal pages, but opening up the discuss powered comment system reveals that the background color that is set in Atahualpa settings->Body, Text & Links is also being used for the comment box. My settings for the comment area in Atahualpa dictate that it should be white. It's almost as if Disqus is grabbing the wrong information from my style sheets. There is an option in Disqus to use a custom css sheet for styling, but I'm not sure which one to call up and if it would even work. Has anyone else using a background color that is different from the comment container background experienced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,

- Austin

Last edited by austin3959; Jan 27, 2010 at 02:57 PM.