Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

All Atahualpa settings suddenly reset

Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:17 AM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
All Atahualpa settings suddenly reset

Has anyone been in a similar situation:

On one of the sites I've made with Atahualpa, all Atahualpa settings have been reset. Can the site have been hacked?

It seems like the widget areas I've defined is still there, but all other settings including CSS inserts, are gone.

I do have a backup of the settings from February 1st, but this doesn't seem good.

Any similar experiences?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:23 AM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
I was able to restore the settings from the backup file, and adding the changes I made since the backup, but I'm still wondering how this can happen?

Will now make it a habit to use the "export settings" function every time I make changes.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The only way I've seen the settings reset is by pressing the 'Reset all settings' button
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:30 AM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
Yeah, and that possibility is almost certainly ruled, unless some cracker has gained access to one of the admin accounts.

We will contact the host to see if they have any relevant information.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Take a look at the plugin 'wp dbmanager' if you can get it to work you can schedule automatic database backups.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:36 AM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
I have Austin Matzko's WP DB Backup plugin doing that already, but thanks for the tip :-) It works okay, even though it's beginning to get old. I have restored DBs from it though.

I see that the one you mention are more up to date.