Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

White space in excess?

Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:04 PM
Antonino Giglio

49 posts · Mar 2010
In my home page http://vision4ourcities.com/thecitygarden/ there is a lot of white space between the bottom of the text in the page and the footer.

How can I reduce it?

Thank you very much indeed!

Oh, by the way can I change the background color of the page/post? Not the background of the whole body.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:59 PM
Antonino Giglio

49 posts · Mar 2010
???????? help ?????????
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adjusting the settings at ato->Style POSTS & PAGES->POST Container - the third number is the bottom
Old May 2, 2010, 09:56 PM
Antonino Giglio

49 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
try adjusting the settings at ato->Style POSTS & PAGES->POST Container - the third number is the bottom
Thank you very much! I'm going to try now!
Old May 2, 2010, 10:05 PM
Antonino Giglio

49 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Ok, I've tried but now all my posts are modified. Isn't there a way to modify only the pages border?
Old May 3, 2010, 04:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
simply, no. A page is just a special post. The contents of a post or page are displayed in a contents box which Atahualpa allows you to style. If you want to get into even more control (I wantthe margins of page 13 to be 2px but everywhere else I want them to be 80px) you need to know how to read tehe html and how to build CSS Selectors and rules for your site.

Did you make the change I suggested and pllay with different values? Did it get rid of teh space? What is your issue now?
Old May 4, 2010, 07:25 AM
Antonino Giglio

49 posts · Mar 2010
Yes followed your suggestion but if I shrink the space too much then the pages looks ok but the list of posts doesn't look nice, as there isn't enough space betweenn posts.
But, hey, your theme is wonderful and maybe I'm being a bit too fussy. Sorry but I don't know HTML or all other languages so cannot play around too much!