Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to extend page menu background color across layout

Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:22 PM
MacMacGA

12 posts · Mar 2009
Warner Robins, GA
Send a message via AIM to MacMacGA Send a message via Skype™ to MacMacGA
I am a volunteer working on a nonprofit website. I am having trouble finding the place to add the background color for the page menu so it goes across the layout. The background color is 01928F. I want to change the dashed line around the page menu to solid also.

And how to remove the black lines above and below the header image. Thanks for help.

http://dev.aauwatlanta.org/wordpress/
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Because that is a center aligned menu I remember that it was a bit more of an issue to make the background go the full width. Look in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts for menu related CSS and start playing with some of the setting. You may have to set a width on
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu
so I would start by setting a static layout width to your site of about 900 to 1000px.

Also do a search for center aligned menus.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:40 PM
MacMacGA

12 posts · Mar 2009
Warner Robins, GA
Send a message via AIM to MacMacGA Send a message via Skype™ to MacMacGA
I am not an CSS expert so I don't know how to do what you suggest. I tried Juggledad 's

div#menu1 {
background: #01928F;
}
idea when he suggested it for someone else but that didn't change the menu.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Maybe this can at least get you started in the right direction.
  • In ATO>Style & Configure Layout set the width to a static size of around 900px to 1000px
  • Add the following code to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts changing the width and color as desired. It's not centered but it's a start.
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {width:1000px;background-color:#000000 !important;}