Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Left Side Menu problem

Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:13 AM
antropo2002

6 posts · Feb 2011
Hello,
I'm using the version 3.6.4 of Atahualpa Theme.
The webpage is http://tamboresdelunamora.com.ar/ps/
I decided to show only static pages on my webpage, so first I wrote all the pages, and after that I began to configured both menus: the horizontal, and the vertical (lef side menu!).
In the horizontal menu I blocked some "pages" with the function "ATO-> "Menu 1 (Page Menu)" -> Exclude pages from Page Menu Bar" puting here the Id of each page. It works perfectly fine!
The problem appears when I put over the option "ATO -> Style & configure SIDEBARS-> LEFT sidebar: Don't display on Pages: " the page's ID number to block.
I tried to block the pages with Id number: 146,148,128,124,138,126...
But those pages still appears on the left side menu...
As I can show in this image:

This is the view of the configuration menu

I read a lot of posts in the forum but even when the problems seems to be the same I didn't fine one case as mine...
Could be a combination of misunderstandings with the configuration because also I don't want to show the "home" page (the page ID 128) in the left side menu but it appears below the page 126.
I don't use any widget.
So I know something is wrong with my configuration but I could find the solution.

In the "ATO -> Style & configure SIDEBARS-> LEFT sidebar: Display on" configuration I had to activate the options: Front Page and Page (pages)... because If I choose only the Page (pages) option (as I read in a couple of posts) the webpage doesn't show any left side menu...
As you can see in the this picture...

I also read a post where JuggleDad suggested to install custom tax but It didn't work for me...
In another post JuggleDad suggested to use a category filter but it didn't work either...

If you see in the link I put you you will see the same "pages" in the horizontal menu, than the vertical one (left side menu!)

Thank a lot for your support!

Regards,

Bernardo
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Why not just use the WordPress menu system? Then you can build the menu any way you want.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:34 AM
antropo2002

6 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks for your answer lmilesw

I tried too... after reading a post that suggest to do it... but it seems to be configurated but it doesn't work...
take a look of the actual state of the menus page of Word Press

Regards,

Bernardo
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:42 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just drag the items you want as submenus a little to the right under it's parent.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:48 AM
antropo2002

6 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks again for your suggest!
I did it as you can see

but nothing has changed, I tried all the possible option in the configuration and anything changes the menu!

Bernardo
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I see that you have named your menu '--' and have put it in the 'Menu 2' slot. This means that where you put %cat-center, your custom menu will be used.

What do you have in the 'Configure Header Area' option?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
antropo2002

6 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks a lot for your answer juggledad!

Well, I use this method trying to put just the items in the menu as I want..., specially after I read an answer of you to other user with a problem that seems to be alike as mine...

I've put it on the menu 2 because it's the side menu option, when I put the menu in the menu 1 it works perfectly fine but in the header (horizontal menu) with the %page-center in the header options!

But my problem is trying to configure the Left side menu, I think the header configuration option doesn't affect the left side menu, I mean, I has analyzed a little bit the php code and I think they work independently, or not?

So, I put this configuration of WordPress in the menu 2 but it didn't work or I didn't know how to make it works, I trying configuring in a different way the ATO's but I steal has no changes!.

For example I configure this menu (as a wordpress options) in this way and I disable all the options in the ATO configuration -> "Left Side Bar: Display on" but nothing appears at the left side menu.

I put this name after trying differents names with different configurations tha after that I deleted!

Would you like to receive a username and password to access to the ATO by MP?

Regards,

Bernardo

Last edited by antropo2002; Feb 28, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What widget are you using in the left sidebar for the menu?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
antropo2002

6 posts · Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What widget are you using in the left sidebar for the menu?
I'm not using any widget, after reading a lot of answers I'm not sure how to use it!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Actually you are using a widget. It is the WordPress 'Pages' widget (go to dashboard->appearances->widgets and look in the left sidebar)

This widget just displays the pages and does not use the custom menu at all. A better choice is the 'Custom Menu' widget that will allow you to pick your custom menu to use in the sidebar.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 05:25 AM
antropo2002

6 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks a lot juggledad!
It was true I was using a lot of widget and I didn't know because I though it were just simple plugins...
Sudenly when I checked the widget again (I did this almost 50 times) and for first time in weeks I was able to configure the left side bar into the section "appearances->widgets". So was an easy drag and drop!

I coudn't see the red part in this image... I mean when I clicked over Widget just appeared the left menu not the red part of this image!!

But I know it were your soul that made feel 'fear' to the atahualpa structure to function perfectly!
THANK TOO MUCH!!!
I consider this Thread satisfactorily SOLVED!