Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Static pages with category posts?

Old Apr 21, 2009, 02:58 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Hi guys - not a "donater" yet, but will be for sure if I stick with this (awesome) theme.

I'm hung up on something and didn't find with various search terms, so here goes...

I need to do some static pages which display post from only one category... pretty standard in a regular template - copy the "index" and paste some code. (I know next-to-no PHP but googled that & it worked).

However, the Atahualpa index is way more complex (I assume there's lots of code that ties into the control panel styling?) Any way someone can tell me "what and where" to paste? In simpler themes I've pasted the template-name up top, and static stuff under "get header", etc. Everything I've tried here gives me parse errors, etc.

I've had success creating internal links that call only category posts, but I need parent/child pages to use the drop down menu functionality.

Thanks so much - really want to stick with this template for lots of stuff! MC
Old Apr 23, 2009, 03:06 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
"bump" - trying again - so... I guess you have to donate for an answer? (or is this a level-2 kind of question??)

I guess I will; I kind of wanted to know if this was possible before I committed to the theme...
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:26 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use the Page2Cat plugin, Atahualpa is prepared for it, no file edits needed
Old Apr 25, 2009, 09:48 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Cool! Thanks, as I said, if I stick with the theme I'll be a donater - thanks again - MC