Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Excluding Categories in Menu 2 Doesn't Work

Old Oct 26, 2013, 04:56 AM
yola

1 posts · Oct 2013
Hello,
I have some categories in Menu 2 excluded in the Atahualpa theme (3.7.12) Header Area > Menu 2 (Category Setting) > Exclude categories from Category Menu Bar?
It used to work great until today which for some reason it has stopped working.
I was wondering if anyone could help me.
Many thanks!
Yola
Old Oct 26, 2013, 08:18 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Someone else had the same issue. You could build a custom menu.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 01:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is because of a bug in the Wordpress code wp_list_categories() function that has been reported to wordpress - Your choices are
1) go back to 3.6.1
2) wait for WP 3.7.2
3) make a change to one of the wordpress core modules - see http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25710#comment:9

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 26, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 02:22 AM
silfiriel

3 posts · Oct 2013
Ohrid, Macedonia
This must be some kind of karma.
I am using Atahualpa for some time now, probably over a year and I've never used the category menu.
Now I tried to activate it and of course exclude some categories, only to find out that the feature broke down few days ago.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:11 AM
silfiriel

3 posts · Oct 2013
Ohrid, Macedonia
I implemented the third solution and it works great.
After updating to 3.7.2 do you think that this change of code will affect my site in any way.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 06:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa version 3.7.2 is an older release - it is currently at 3.7.12 -
I have no idea how Atahualpa 3.7.2 will work with WordPress 3.7 and would suggest you upgrade Atahualpa if you run into any issues before posting about them because the first thing I'll tell you is to upgrade Atahualpa to the latest release