Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Start sidebar lower on home page

Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:18 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
Start sidebar lower on home page

I am using the Multi Column / Custom Query template for my home page and have HTML above the single full post that is displayed. It is working great with one exception...

What I cannot figure out how to do is enable the right sidebar and have the top of the right sidebar align with the top of the blog post. I've tried adding margin-top: 800px; to the right sidebar but it didn't work.

Here's the page layout that may explain it:

Header Full Width

Page HTML Area Full Width

post sidebar

Footer Full Width

I hope this makes sense... and greatly appreciate any help!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:18 AM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
http://whitewingdesign.com/artbizcoach

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
take a look at the 'Style & edit CENTER COLUMN' option
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:01 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
I'm lost... I don't want to add padding to the top of the page, I need to find a way to get the sidebar lower on the page so it is beneath the HTML that should display across the full width at the top of the page. I thought adding margin-top: 500px to the styling for right inner sidebar (the sidebar that is enabled for this page) would lower the starting point of the sidebar but it isn't working. I've attached an image that shows how I need the page to display. I really appreciate your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DEMO-PAGE5b.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	2148  
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you need to use a code examiner like FireBug for FireFox and examine the area involved and see what CSS is being applied or you can add css to see it's effect.

you might also want to read the on screen documentation when you are given a suggestion...