Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Sub menu & Hover color

Old Jul 3, 2014, 04:08 PM
neflerine

2 posts · Jul 2014
Sub menu & Hover color

Hi all
I'm new on Wordpress & Atahualpa Theme.
I've tested to make hover for sub menu in my menu bar, but the hover color stay in all the menu in we are on the parent article.

Exemple : Go on my website : http://eicnam.ise.free.fr/site
I don't know how resolve my problem

Thanks you for your help

With Best regards

Eric

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 4, 2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 01:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is not a bug everything is working as it should. What you are noticing is the 'C' in CSS or the 'cascade'.

The 'Background color: Hover' option is the
Quote:
Background color for menu items in hover and current state.
when you click on 'Tomsk Polytechnic University' it is now the 'current' menu item so that color applies and cascades to all it's children.

If you want to set it up so that if 'Tomsk Polytechnic University' is the current menu item, when you hover over it, the children are a different color, you will need to add some CSS to reset the children elements back to the color you want. You can put this CSS in the ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts option.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 05:57 AM
neflerine

2 posts · Jul 2014
Thanks you very much , but I don't know anything in CSS styles, have you an idea what I have to change ?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 08:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Once you start to make changes that are not part of the theme options, this is the point where you have to learn some CSS. I'd suggest you take a tutorial (http://htmldog.com/guides/css/ is a good starting point) and then play with your site and if you get stuck ask some specific questions. The best way to learn is by doing.