Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

hacked (?) A bunch of weird links below comments

Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
Hello all,
I'm encountering some problems and I badly need some assistance.
I just noticed today plenty of links under my users' comment area. I tried to revert to the twenty-ten theme with no success. I deactivated all my plugins, no success!.

I looked at the template editor hoping to find something, but found nothing. I looked at the CSS/HTML insert, without any result either. I just can't find these links anywhere. my site is http://frenchtasticpeople.com
Will you please look at the source code and let me know where to go to get rid of this problem? Thanks very much in advance.

Herman
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need to look at the theme code. Go to dashboard->appearances->editor and select index.php and see if there are any weird characters at the end
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:27 AM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks, Jugglehead. I checked index.php and could not find anything wrong at first sight. Please take a look:
Code:
<?php 	/* get all options: */
# error_reporting(-1);
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
global $bfa_ata;
get_header(); ?>

<?php /* If there are any posts: */
if (have_posts()) : $bfa_ata['postcount'] == 0; /* Postcount needed for option "XX first posts full posts, rest excerpts" */ ?>

<?php /* This outputs the next/previous post or page navigation. 
	This can be edited at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Style & edit the Center column */
	bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_above_loop']); ?>

<?php /* The LOOP starts here. Do this for all posts: */
	while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>

<?php do_action('addthis_widget', get_permalink(), the_title('', '', false)); ?>

<?php /* Add Odd or Even post class so post containers can get alternating CSS style (optional) */
		$odd_or_even = (($bfa_ata['postcount'] % 2) ? 'odd-post' : 'even-post' ); ?> 

<?php /* This is the actual Wordpress LOOP. 
		The output can be edited at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Style & edit the Center column */
		bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_inside_loop']); ?>

<?php /* END of the LOOP */
	endwhile; ?>

<?php /* This outputs the next/previous post or page navigation and the comment template.
	This can be edited at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Style & edit the Center column */
	bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_below_loop']); ?>

<?php /* END of: If there are any posts */
else : /* If there are no posts: */ ?>

<?php /* This outputs the "Not Found" content, if neither posts, pages nor attachments are available for the requested page.
bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_not_found']); ?>

<?php endif; /* END of: If there are no posts */ ?>

<?php bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['center_content_bottom']); ?>

<?php get_footer(); ?>
I really don't know what caused it. Thanks for any other suggestion I can try.
Herman
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
your index.php is fine.

when you say
Quote:
I just noticed today plenty of links under my users' comment area
I don't see nay links after teh comments on the home page. There are a bunch of links BEFORE the comments area, things like 'picText Matching Game 1' and a section under 'Describing Others'

is that what you mean?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:25 AM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
Jugglehead,
Thanks for your prompt responses. I perhaps mistakenly described where these errors are occurring...but they definitely are located at the very bottom of my pages, just after the "Submit Comment" button. The links you're mentioning in your previous message are part of my content. Those I want to get rid of appear to be spam links. Here is what it looks like on my pages:
I really appreciate your help.
Best,
herman
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ahh looks like you have to be logged in to see the comment issue. If you send me an admin ID/PW I'll poke around.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks much,

I just sent you a PM with some login info as an admin. Thanks again for helping me solve this.

Herman
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm still not seeing any extra comments. It looks like you are using chrome, what happens if you use a different browser?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:18 PM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
wow, I just tried what you suggested and opened the site in Firefox and IE and did not see any of the weird links? Well, this is strange to say the least! Is there any reason why chrome might be doing this and not FF or IE? Perhaps some malware is causing this? I will uninstall it and get a clean version and see what happens.

Thanks a bunch, Jugglehead, for your patience and assistance. Merci infiniment! :-)
Herman
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It could be that chrome was hacked. A google search shows it has been hacked a couple of times.