Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

LAYOUT: 100% width & (Middle + sidebar) centered width 960px => how to do?

Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:54 PM
bender57

16 posts · Apr 2010
France
Hi everyone !

I do not know how to fix this "looks-like-easy" css issue.

http://www.avenueaparis.com/?page_id=39

HOW TO have the right sidebar intended in the 960 px layout?

Post should be 700 px
Sidebar: 260px

The layout is funky as the right sidebar sticks to the right side of the screen.

website design concept:
960px width website with 100% width footer.

Config of ATAH. + CSS:

LAYOUT: 100% width
> I did that to have a full footer background 100% width

RIGHT SIDBAR; 250 px

I tried to fix the width of the CENTER column > nothing happened
I tried to fix the width of the MIDDLE table > nothing happened
I tried position:absolute of the sidebar > problems of rendering on different screen resolutions

In addition, the css should be compatible with IE...

I would like to change the php core files but I rather prefer to adjust css only.

Is there a solution for my problem? Am I the only one as this layout is pretty standard among the web...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want the appearance of the sidebar indented, move your widgets to the right inner sidebar and define the right sidebar the width of the indent - you will need to add a blank text widget to prevent the wordpress default widgets from showing.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 01:50 AM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
@bender57

If I got your problem right, you're struggling with the same as I was a little while ago!
If it's still an issue, have a look at this thread where lmilesw kindly explained another way to work this out:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10393

My issue was only slightly different as in I wanted both the header and the footer to be 100% so you can obviously ignore the bit about the header.
So this is what you'll need in the bottom of the CSS:

html {
background-color:#xxxxxx;
background-image: url("http://your_image_location/background.png");
background-repeat:repeat-x;
background-position: bottom left;
}

and set the body with to whatever you need (960 is it?) and you're good to go!
Hope this helps!