Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Byline link opening in new window

Old May 5, 2009, 03:21 AM
ronald73

3 posts · May 2009
Hi all,

I have a website with lots of posts imported from other sites through rss. In the byline I have a link to the original author, using %author-link%. When you click the link it opens in the same window and so the visitor is gone. How do I make the link open in a new window?
Old May 5, 2009, 07:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You#d have to edit bfa_postinfo.php for that

Replace
PHP Code:
// Author website link
if (strpos($postinfo_string,'%author-link%')!==FALSE) {
ob_start(); the_author_link(); $author_link ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean();
$postinfo str_replace("%author-link%"$author_link$postinfo);

with
PHP Code:
// Author website link
if (strpos($postinfo_string,'%author-link%')!==FALSE) {
ob_start(); 
if (
get_the_author_url()) {
    echo 
'<a target="_new" href="' get_the_author_url() . 

'" title="' sprintf(__("Visit the website of %s"), get_the_author()) . 

'" rel="external">' get_the_author() . '</a>';
} else {

the_author();
}
$author_link ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean();
$postinfo str_replace("%author-link%"$author_link$postinfo);

Old May 6, 2009, 01:55 AM
ronald73

3 posts · May 2009
Thanks, but I'm using the latest version of atahualpa, but the code you suggest is nowhere to be found in bfa_postinfo.php.
Even the word 'website' isn't in the code, and I've also searched for 'if (strpos($postinfo_string,'%author-link%')!==FALSE)' but it's not there.
So for now, this doesn't work.

Update: it does work! I just found out there are 2 versions of bfa_postinfo.php

Thanks!

Last edited by ronald73; May 6, 2009 at 01:59 AM.