Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Info on creating site backgrounds

Old Oct 6, 2010, 08:17 PM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
I'd like to put a background on a 980 px site.

It would be white in the middle and a graphic on either site of the 980 px main part of the site.

It would start after the (below) header.

Is there a post somewhere that explains how to do this? I've looked but could not find one.

Help appreciated.

Nick
Old Oct 6, 2010, 08:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The background of a the site is generally a single image that, if you want to keep the size down for load times, is repeated vertically or horizontally. For what you want that would typically mean a picture as in the following links.
Here is the site.
Here is the background image. If look at the dimensions of this image they are 1200px by 7px and the image repeats vertically.

You would have a narrower image in your case and you would have to position it with CSS as explained here.

That is one methodology. There are ways to use two images or a single image can be used but you have to be careful of how large the file size is otherwise you can run into long page load times as mentioned previously.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:57 AM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
good stuff, I need to know where to put this in the back end.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go read the info at ato->Body, Text & Links
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look in ATO>Body, Text, & Links. That will be a start.