Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

using wp_facebookconnect with Atahualpa

Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:11 PM
nycgadgetgirl

24 posts · Sep 2009
NYC
using wp_facebookconnect with Atahualpa

The website: http://jennaandsnickers.com
WP version 2.8.5
Atahualpa version 3.3.2

The plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-facebookconnect/

I've been following the steps in this tutorial: http://projectheresy.com/public/begi...uide_fb_wp.pdf

I've activated the plugin, created a facebook application, entered my API and Secret into the settings. I'm at the point where I need to customize the theme files (page 20 in the tutorial).

Tried a few things without success. Want to save me from pulling out my hair and help me out with some code and directions of where to put it? I'd be super grateful!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 01:42 PM
nycgadgetgirl

24 posts · Sep 2009
NYC
If Flynn isn't around to help with code (I don't see a forum post from Flynn for the past week and a half), I'd happily take any advice anyone has on where to find help or another way to integrate facebook connect that may work with Atahualpa out of the box.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 03:52 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
I have tried to get this working without success. Not sure if it is atahualpa or the plugin or facebook that is the problem. Actually had to remove the plugin from the plugin directory in order to be able to login normally. After logging in I had to refresh the page to see that I was logged in. And then when I logged out, I remained logged in until I removed the plugin entirely from the plugin directory. So I gave up.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:00 PM
nycgadgetgirl

24 posts · Sep 2009
NYC
I wonder if you and I could combine our experiences to make it work. So far, the plug in isn't screwing up anything on my site, but I haven't added the Facebook Connect button to my comment section yet. How did you go about doing that? (In a regular theme, it would be a cinch, but I'm never quite sure how/where to make changes like these to the Atahualpa theme!)
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:25 AM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
I would put it above this - <?php // Display Quicktags or allowed XHTML Tags

Last edited by bushtool; Oct 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 03:53 PM
nycgadgetgirl

24 posts · Sep 2009
NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushtool
I would put it above this - <?php // Display Quicktags or allowed XHTML Tags
So, in the comments.php file just like in a regular theme? I tried making changes there and nothing happened. I thought maybe it needed to be somewhere else or I needed to add some custom functions. Maybe I'll play around with it some more tonight since I haven't heard from Flynn yet. I'd really like to get this pending post published.