Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

[SOLVED] How to Switch Languages Using Menus

Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:54 AM
lore

12 posts · Dec 2011
[SOLVED] How to Switch Languages Using Menus

Hello,
I have a simple website that I would like to post in English and Spanish. I have already translated the English pages and given the Spanish versions separate URLs, so I don't need a translation plugin, but I am confused about how to tell the site to use a different menu to direct users to the Spanish pages when they want to read the site in Spanish-along the lines of 'if Spanish, use menu 2, if English, use menu 1,' something like that-in Atahualpa 3.7.3. Any thoughts about the most effective way to do this?
Thanks in advance.
Lore
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You might look for a plugin to switch the menus

It might be doable without a plugin, but it would take some coding.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 02:55 AM
lore

12 posts · Dec 2011
Ok-thanks. I don't mind some simple coding-I just am not sure of how much php the new Atahualpa will accept-I will try some different things.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:58 AM
lore

12 posts · Dec 2011
Alright-I found Polylang to be a very good, simple tool for my purposes-thanks for pointing me in the plugin direction.