Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Disabling sidebar for specific post-page

Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:50 AM
vi8084

22 posts · Jan 2009
Thanks so much for your time, Flynn!

Quick question: Can I disable my sidebar for a specific post-page? Or even all the post-pages of a specific category?

In the "sidebar" section of your interface you can disable sidebars for the "category page", but:

"This will turn on/off sidebars on category pages (pages that list the posts in the given category), but not on "all single post pages of posts in category XX". "

I DO need to turn off sidebars on "all single pages of posts in category XX."

Any ideas? Thanks again!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 06:35 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
For the right sidebar, change

in header.php
PHP Code:
<?php if ( $right_col == "on" ) { ?>
to
PHP Code:
<?php if ( $right_col == "on" AND !is_single(array(17,'beef-stew','Irish Stew')) AND !( is_single() AND in_category('29'))  ) { ?>
and in footer.php
PHP Code:
<?php if ( $right_col == "on" ) { ?>
to
PHP Code:
<?php if ( $right_col == "on" AND !is_single(array(17,'beef-stew','Irish Stew')) AND !( is_single() AND in_category('29')) ) { ?>
to not display the right sidebar on the single post pages of posts...
  • with the ID 17
  • with the name "beef-stew"
  • with the title "Irish Stew"
  • that are filed under the category with the ID 29
Old Mar 10, 2010, 04:28 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
How could you alter this for the left side bar, since there is not left col. or left col 2 in footer.php.
I am having some absolutely crazy results on one of the pages that i want this bar.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 04:36 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
I inserted the following code to header.php:
PHP Code:
<?php if ( $bfa_ata['left_col2'] == "on"  AND ( is_single() AND in_category('30'))  ) { ?><col class="colone-inner" /><?php ?>