Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Hiding a category from index : success but posts unreachables

Old Jan 21, 2010, 02:49 PM
vil2

13 posts · Jan 2010
Hello again.

In my blog : http://www.lebardessciences.com I have a glossary category (Lexique, id=30). I do not want it to appear on the index page.
By searching here I found that adding

PHP Code:
<?php if ( !in_category('30') ) { ?>
in ATO (the LOOP section) worked like a charm : all the posts from cat30 were removed from my index. Fine.

Now the problem is : when I clic on this specific category, I can see the list of the posts titles but when I clic on one of them, the post content is missing ! I can only see the comment box.
If you want to check : http://www.lebardessciences.com/category/lexique/

I think this is because of that line I modified in the loop, because if I change
PHP Code:
<?php if ( !in_category('30') ) { ?>
in
PHP Code:
<?php if ( !in_category('XX') ) { ?>
(any number) the problem is solved.

I think I should add something which tells the browser not to display the posts from cat 30 EXCEPTED when I clic on this cat 30. I looked something with is-category('30') but nothing worked so far.

If anyone knows...let me know in turn

OK I searched a little more and I found a post from Juggledad saying that
PHP Code:
<?php if (is_front_page() and !in_category('xx')) { ?>
should be added. So i put this line instead of the first one but nothing worked, and my homepage was full of error messages. Keep searching.

Last edited by vil2; Jan 21, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like you fixed this. are you set??
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:41 PM
vil2

13 posts · Jan 2010
Hi,
I just tried the "mcatFilter" wordpress plugin. It worked fine.
However i'm still interested in an easy solution, to improve my knowledge and to get rid of a plugin if I do not really need it. So any advice is welcome