Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Permalink Problem--Home Becomes Nonexistent

Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:35 AM
NotHannah

2 posts · Dec 2010
I think I may have overextended my tech-brain (I'm a mid-level noob).

In a nutshell, I activated my multi-site network capabilities and installed a second blog as a subdomain of my original. (Not sure if I said all that right...like I said, late night coding might have fritzed out something important.)

The original blog is working like a charm (http://www.thediviningwomen.com) . I'm still tweaking style stuff on the second blog, but I'm running into a problem when it comes to setting permalinks. If I change the permalink style from default, I get pretty permalinks for everything (pages, posts, categories, etc) but the homepage (http://thediviningwomen.com/cookiewitch/). My home page becomes a "not found" page. In fact, even adding a "new" home page and redirecting it with the "Page Links To" plugin does the same thing.

I'm back to the default permalinks setting, but I don't like the looks of the page_id=3 mess and can't figure out why this is happening. Does anybody have any ideas? (Sorry--forgot to add that on the original blog, the pretty permalinks are all working.)
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:21 PM
NotHannah

2 posts · Dec 2010
Finally figured it out, although I'm not sure of the soundness of the code and it's possible the whole thing might blow up. Turns out that Wordpress and my server were "calling" the secondary site two different things. I changed how my server referred to it in the .htaccess file to the way Wordpress referred to it and everything is working fine now. I also had to change the way that the "Page Links To" referred to it (I think...it's all a blur now.)

Hope this helps somebody (and doesn't blow my site up.)