Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page menu bar gif image full width

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:23 PM
rcarbaugh

5 posts · Jan 2010
[SOLVED] Page menu bar gif image full width

What a terrific theme! I have spent hours modifying it and feel like I haven't scratched the surface.

Project lately is to put a gradient .gif behind the page menu bar. I have it working for the menu items, but it doesn't go completely across the page, only under the links. So then, I called the same .gif to be a background for the bar, using some html that I have found here on the forum.

However, since I have a flat background color set up in the options for the page menu, and even though I have used the CSS insert below, the .gif appears to be UNDER that flat background color for the rest of the menu bar to the right. I have left the .gif background a little wider than the menu bar so that you can see what I mean. Here's the website link: MGT Blog.

Here is the pertinent CSS Insert html I have currently:

ul.rMenu, ul.rMenu li {
background-color: transparent;
background: url(http://www.manhattangrace.org/wp/wp-...tgradient2.gif) repeat-x;
}

/* ================================================== */
/* menu background */
/* ================================================= */
div#menu1 {
height: 35px;
margin-top:0px;
background-color: transparent;
background: url(http://www.manhattangrace.org/wp/wp-...tgradient2.gif) repeat-x;
}
/* ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ */