Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Space between Footer Border top and widget border bottom??

Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:00 AM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Does anyone know how to do this...

Basically I want a space/gap of around 10px between where the widgets border bottom is and the start of the footer border...

I have tried changing the padding around in the footer section but all this does is move the text and not the actual border top down...

Any ideas??

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2009, 05:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding the padding of the widget.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:51 AM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
I did this but it just adds more padding inside the widget not outside and below it?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:58 AM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
#sorry to bump..
Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:21 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The footer of what, the widget? Widgets don't have footers, posts/pages have...
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:55 AM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Ok so I want a space between the Footer Border top and the Widget border bottom as at present they are touching and because the line of the footer border top, it is making the widger border bottom appear twice as thick as the rest of the widget border.

I realise I can remove the widget border bottom so this doesnt happen, but I would actually prefer to insert some space (so in effect bump the footer border top down a line) so there is a space between the two?

I tried inserting padding in the widget but all this does is move the widget itself down, and I tried to add padding to the footer border but all this does is adjust the padding inside the footer.

I want to add a space above the footer border top and the widget border bottom...

Sorry if this confuses the hell out of you...it is me!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:49 AM
LabbyRoad

13 posts · Mar 2009
norwichkaren,

Do you mean the margin between the site footer and the sidebar(s)? If so, I also have encountered this problem. Changing margin-top for the footer or margin-bottom for the sidebar appears to have no effect.

My workaround was to create a 10 pixel border-top for the footer and make the colour the same as the container background for the site.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 04:56 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I will assume that you mean the footer of the whole page, the layout footer.

Add padding-bottom to the sidebar

Theme Options -> Style & configure SIDEBARS -> LEFT sidebar style

padding-bottom: 10px;

There should already be a padding there but you may have removed that, the default setting is
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
Old Aug 11, 2009, 05:03 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To move layout footer away form the rest from the layout, while having a top border on the layout footer, you'd have to wrap the content inside the footer into a DIV.

The layout is a table, you cannot move away table cells unless you use the HTML property "cellspacing" but I think you can only apply that to the whole table, not to a specifc TD cell

Style & configure FOOTER -> Footer: Content

<div id="myfooter">
Copyright &copy; %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved
</div>

CSS Insert:

div.myfooter {
margin-top: 30px;
border-top: solid 1px #cccccc;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabbyRoad
norwichkaren,

Do you mean the margin between the site footer and the sidebar(s)? If so, I also have encountered this problem. Changing margin-top for the footer or margin-bottom for the sidebar appears to have no effect.

My workaround was to create a 10 pixel border-top for the footer and make the colour the same as the container background for the site.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:40 AM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Ok thanks Flynn we are nearly there!

But what I actually want to do is stil not done...

If you can take a look at:
http://cwic-solutions.co.uk/ya_test/

and see the page footer border just above where it has my Copyright info - you will see it is resting on the widget/sidebar border bottom...so what I want to do is seperate the two and have space between them...in essence moving the footer border AWAY from the widget/sidebar altogether?!

I realise I could remove the footer border altogether or make it dashed, or I could remove the widget/sidebar border bottom so the footer top border acts as the sidebar border bottom, but I actually want to seperate the two and have a space between them?

I did what you told me to do Flynn but you will see the 2 lines are still touching and resting on each other?

Its not a problem if I cant do this...but I am a picky thing and want it to be just right if possble!

Karen
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Remove the bottom border of the sidebars at Style & configue SIDEBARS -> LEFT sidebar style / RIGHT sidebars style ... etc.

border-bottom:solid 1px #5c5951;
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:20 AM
Walt

20 posts · Sep 2009
I'm trying to add space between the center column and footer(while keeping a top border on the footer).

I tried the code in this post and it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

At-3.4.2
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
post your url so I can take a look