Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Remove Footer Widget Border

Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:51 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
I created a footer widget. It is working fine. Just wish to remove the border around that widget only. Other sidebar widgets are fine the way they are. Suggestions?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:26 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Either post the URL of the site or use Firebug or "Inspect Element" from Chrome to identify the exact widget and then you add CSS to remove its border.

Or from ATA options, remove all borders from all widgets.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:50 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Understood. Thanks. The widget id="footer_widget". It's class is "bfa_widget_area"

Being a self taught coder, I sure would be grateful if you'd be kind enough to sahre the applicable CSS string I'd need to insert so as not to display it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
It's the specific widget id you need, not the new widget area

then it'll be

#widget-id {border:none;}

in the HTML/CSS Inserts section
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:31 PM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Got it. The widget ID is text-2.

Thought the border was around the entire widget bar and not the individual widget box, and as I only have a single widget box in the footer I didn't see the obvious.

Again, I so very much appreciate your sharing the string!