Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Blog posts on different pages

Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:57 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Is it possible to push posts to different pages based on category? In other words I want some posts to appear on a page called "news" and other posts to appear on another page called "testimonials" based on the category I choose when I publish the post.

I've seen some themes that can do it but I was wondering if there was an easy way to do this.

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:56 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
*bump* Anyone?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:54 PM
wheresnifty

22 posts · Feb 2010
well... what i have done is installed an rss plugin.. i forget which one, but as long as you get one that goes in posts, it will work.

then you can get the rss of each of your categories and then add the rss code to each of the pages. (i only did this to get a blog of another website to show on my main page... http://www.theidoctor.org) --> the front page has 2 rss codes. one that grabs the most recent post and puts it at the top and the second grabs the rss from TUAW.com then, when you go to the actual blog, it includes everything i blog about.

this is helpful to get other blogs that you like.

really, you should enable the categories menu bar and organize the categories.... that is what its there for.