Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WP Change Template

Old Sep 24, 2010, 02:54 AM
reketeke

8 posts · Sep 2010
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-change-template/

I´m trying to prepare a wordpress site where i want to get a different look like for each seasons.

I thought i coul use WP Change Template... but it make me to use 4 different themes...

¿is it posible to change some Atahualpa options when the season change?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 02:55 AM
reketeke

8 posts · Sep 2010
and sorry for my english and thanks in adv
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:23 AM
reketeke

8 posts · Sep 2010
i have try to change any $variable and every fuction´s name... to make wp bealive there´s two atahualpa, it doesn´t work
Old Sep 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
I don't know anything about variables so I can't help with that. It appears to me that, yes, you would have to make 4 seperate themes to switch between. However I don't think it would be too difficult to do so, using Atahualpa's "Export/Import Settings" option.

Depending on how extensive the changes you want to make, you could try this...

Using your current settings in Atahualpa, you could export the settings as a file.

Upload a SECOND Atahualpa folder - make sure to rename the folder though, maybe to like Atahualpa-Fall so you know which one it is. Switch over to this new folder/theme and upload the settings file you made before & start making changes needed.

You should be able to repeat this process for each season. It's not totally automatic, I can't see a way to get around creating separate themes.

Anyway, that's how I'd try to go about it. Good luck!