Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

replacing Atahualpa header image

Old Aug 17, 2009, 03:47 AM
CindyLu

3 posts · Aug 2009
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Hi, I hope someone can give me a little direction. I've read the threads regarding this topic and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. All of this is new to me but I'm extremely anxious to learn.

I've gone to the files that hold the Alatualpa header images. I deleted what was the defaults and uploaded my own image (I have a custom header that I created in Photoshop and have saved it as a Jpeg). After what I thought was making the changes, I saved but the image is not showing up, it's just a blank area. I've read that the problem could be from some sort of cache add-on (really don't understand what exactly that is or how to find it and correct the issue).

Something, I'm curious about. I'm uploading images via ftp directly from my local folders, should I be uploading from my image library on Wordpress? If so, how do I navigate to this place? I've lurked around in every folder but can't seem to find it.

When I'm working on my blogs appearance and I click on "go to blog" my custom image shows up but it still doesn't show up when I go straight to www.straycatalley.com/blog Any clue? (It also shows up at www.straycatalley.com/blog/admin

I would appreciate any assistance.

Last edited by CindyLu; Aug 17, 2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: new pertinent information
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure that there are NO extra files or folders in the atahualpa/images/header' folder other htan your image
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
CindyLu

3 posts · Aug 2009
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Thank you. There were no other images in the file. I decided that since I had spent so much time trying to change my header that this theme was too advanced for me. I went to change it and when I did, my changes were there so I will keep the theme. I really like it, I just need to get more experience with it.

There is obviously a time lapse from when the changes are made to when they are published. For some reason, I do not see my changes as soon as I make them.

Another task at hand, changing the color of the fonts!!! Here I go
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
changes are immediate, i.e. you make a change, the change is stored in the database. The next time the page is built, the changed data is there. Now that being said, if you have something like supercache installed, it could take some time for the change to reflect. Don't forget to clear your browsers cache so you will get a fresh copy of the page.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:19 PM
CindyLu

3 posts · Aug 2009
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Thank you. The changes did take some time to show up.