Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Refunds & Lean Code

Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:59 AM
ocube

26 posts · Mar 2010
Essex, UK
Refunds & Lean Code

Hi There

I am considering Themeframe after trying out Headway (couldn't get my head around it) and I have two questions:

1. Do you offer a cooling-off period for a refund? Some themes give you 30days to tryout and give you a refund if you don't like the theme.
2. Is the code leaner than Atahualpa's generated code. I ask this because I built a site with Atahualpa and the custom CSS ads a tonne of code that the site takes forever to load, so much so, I am having to rebuild the site. Do you have sample sites I could look at to see how it reders the source code?

Thanks

Kay
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The developer should get back to you about this
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
ocube

26 posts · Mar 2010
Essex, UK
Thanks Juggledad for you reply, will wait for the developers reply.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:41 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
1. You can get a refund within 30 days.
2. Themeframe created themes don't have the CSS inline. To check the source code, see themeframe.com which is built with ThemeFrame, it doesn't have sidebars at the moment but those wouldn't add much code.

P.S.: In Atahualpa, you can adjust the theme options and have the CSS served in an external file instead of being placed inline. The reason to put the CSS inline in the first place, with the option to change it, is that serving the - fully dynamic - CSS in an external file requires most of WP to be loaded twice, once for the page itself, and one more time for the CSS file. And directly accessing the DB to grab the options is not allowed by WP for wordpress.org listed themes. If you wonder why other themes don't have the issue: They simply don't have the feature (of fully dynamic CSS).

In Themeframe you don't have the issues described above, the CSS file is a static file, and the editing is done inside the TF app, not inside the theme.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
ocube

26 posts · Mar 2010
Essex, UK
Hi Flynn

Thanks for your reply, really kind of your to explain in detail, I checked the code for themeframe.com and it looks more like what I would hope for. I really liked Atahualpa but didn't like all the inline CSS on a page per page basis. I am happy to purchase Themeframe, hopefully, I wont need to request a refund.

The site I was talking about is inspirationalrisk.com, I will rebuild it with Themeframe to see how easier it is and hopefully end up with cleaner code. By the way, I didnt know Atahualpa's custom CSS could be served to an external sheet, is that a recent feature?

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Kay
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't believe the inline/external CSS choice is new. Just go to ATO>Configure CSS & JS and set to external to see what it does for you.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:41 AM
BFAuser

29 posts · Mar 2011
Germany
Send a message via ICQ to BFAuser Send a message via AIM to BFAuser Send a message via MSN to BFAuser Send a message via Yahoo to BFAuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
1. You can get a refund within 30 days.
That's really great. It makes my decision much easier. But hopefully I don't need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
... If you wonder why other themes don't have the issue: They simply don't have the feature (of fully dynamic CSS).

In Themeframe you don't have the issues described above, the CSS file is a static file, and the editing is done inside the TF app, not inside the theme.
What is the advantage of "fully dynamic CSS" in Atahualpa over a static file?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The advantage of fully dynamic CSS is that you can make changes to the theme style in the WordPress backend and it shows up right away in the front end.