Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Trackable Share Plugin Social Icons not Displaying

Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Installed Trackable Share plugin on my site (juggledad, you know the URL) but the social icons are not displaying. There are 2 "advanced" alternatives to getting the plugin to work, besides using the settings in the plugin itself:

Trackable_Share Tag:
You can add icons to individual posts by adding the [trackable_share] tag where you would like the buttons to appear. Buttons will follow the settings set in the admin. Note that this functions separately from the "Display Buttons On" settings above. (tried it, didn't work)

Trackable Share Template Function:
You can add icons to your template by using the _trackableshare_embed() function. This will echo the buttons out onto the page, or if you prefer you may return the buttons for further manipulation using the _trackableshare_embed(array('echo'=>0)) function and parameters. Note that this functions separately from the "Display Buttons On" settings above. (where do I place this?)

Never had a plugin not work before. Very perplexing.

Please don't suggest another plugin, this one has important features the others don't, so I need to get this one working. Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just installed on Atahualpa 3.6.7 with all bug fixes applied and it worked right away.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:44 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I just installed on Atahualpa 3.6.7 with all bug fixes applied and it worked right away.
I thought I'd installed the bug fixes. I'll have to check and see.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:08 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
All 4 are installed, including the most recent. I will deactivate any existing social plugins and see if that works (ex for Twitterfeed, which was installed after this problem started).
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:14 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Deactivated and deleted any social plugins (Sociable, Like Button, Add Any) and still no buttons showing. All 4 bug fixes installed.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:29 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To test try deactivating all plugins except the Trackable Share and see what happens.