Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Add posts from 1 category beneath contents of page

Old Oct 7, 2009, 04:03 PM
wynk

2 posts · Oct 2009
I have created a single page page with a paragraph of text.

I want to add the posts from a single category beneath it. Have been digging around the forum and can't quite find the answer. Help/hints are appreciated! Thanks

Config:

Atahualpa 3.4.4
php 5.2.6
mysql 5.0.5
Old Oct 7, 2009, 05:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out the page2cat plugin
Old Oct 7, 2009, 07:32 PM
wynk

2 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks, I installed Category Pages (page2cat)

Its second method has you put a quicktag in the post, eg.

[catlist=23]

to display a list of posts in a specific category on a page.

I must be an idiot...the quicktag is not interpreted, I just get "[catlist=23]" in the page. Several other posts here in the forum suggest this should all be handled automatically by Atahualpa
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you did 'activate' the plugin...right?
The plugin should interpret the shortcode, switch to the default theme and see if it works
What is the url