Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Using Page Template - where to select?

Old Feb 28, 2009, 05:58 AM
Charlotte

7 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn.

I would like thank you too, for this fantastic theme - so easy to use and with a million of choices

I have created a static page as front page, and would like to have a couple of the lasts posts placed here. In this case I need to use a page template I already have created with the code. But where do I choose that new sites must be created via the page template and not page.php? There is no option for this in Manage, Page, Add new? And I cannot find it anywhere.

Im very new to wordpress, so this question might be totally stupid?

Looking forward to your answer.

Kind regards
Charlotte
Old Feb 28, 2009, 01:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
What kind of page template did you create, with which code?

There are various ways to do this, there is no theme option for that. Please provide more details about what you got ("page template"), etc.