Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa Theme Update Broken Links & Major Problems

Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
GreatestCollectibles.com

3 posts · Dec 2011
Hi,

I apologize if I am innapropriately posting.

I dont recall upadting my theme to the newest one but a developer that looked at our site indicates we upgraded and this broke hundreds of our links. We have hundreds of 404 erros and broken pages. Our page structure alo moved specifically at the bottom of the page, we now have some information which wasnt showing up before and google adds that we didnt have their before.

Been like this for weeks also the site is really slow. Can anyone reccomend a reliable developer for the Atahualpa theme?

This is our site GreatestCollectibles.com we started it several months ago and now up to about 7,500 visitors a month but hard to update knowing many of our pages are broken and our site is slow.

Any help is greatly appreciated and i apologize if my most is inappropriate but hopefully its not.

thanks, Gisela
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
before you go hire anyone (including me)
1) shut off your caching pluginand clear the cache
2) go to dashboard->settings->permalinks and note what your permalinks are currently set to.
3) change the permalinks to the default and save them
4) change the permalinks to what you previously had and save it again\
now go check your links again.

It could be that when the developer upgraded Ataualpa they updated wordPress and updating wordpress can wipe out the .htaccess file causing issues with links
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:01 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Can anyone reccomend a reliable developer for the Atahualpa theme?
Juggledad is THE expert. But I'm also willing to help. I use this theme for all my own sites and all my clients' sites.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Rosetrees - thanks for the kind words - they contacted me and I'm already helping - I'll post the results here later.