Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

drop shadow on main container

Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:26 PM
byronyasgur

17 posts · Feb 2009
hi - i wanted a drop shadow on the main container and i've come up with a way of doing it - just wondering if anyone sees anything wrong with this - i ask because i have used what appears to be a redundant div to do it and i hope i'm not messing with the machinery of this pretty complex theme.

as i said the div (#wrapper ) appears to be redundant however i suspect that it may be just that it's used in fluid width setups in the max min width area - i have no experience of how atahualpa achieves this but maybe someone could confirm this for me

the problem is that i wanted 3 backgrounds - one for the body background, one for the site itself and a third as a drop shadow around the container - i managed to do the first 2 in the theme options but i needed a div to put the drop shadow into

the container was "contained" by #container and #wrapper so what ive done is to give #wrapper a padding and a background which contains the drop shadow effect

i added this to the css inserts section of atahualpa

#wrapper{
padding-left:20px;
padding-right:20px;
background: url(../self-catering-images/dropshadow.png) repeat-y;
}

i post this here in case a) maybe it's a bad practice b) maybe there's a better way and c)maybe it might be a way to put a drop shadow on a site in atahualpa which i havent seen on the forums

thanks
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The way some have done a drop shadow is to create one image that has the drop shadow look, create a fixed width layout to match that image, and set the footer to sticky so you won't see any background on the top and bottom. Another way MAY be using CSS 3 which won't work in all current browsers. With CSS 3 you can use multiple background images as follows:
HTML Code:
background:
url(../images/bottom-left.png) top right fixed no-repeat,
url(../images/bottom-right.png) top left fixed no-repeat,
url(../images/top-left.png) bottom left fixed no-repeat,
url(../images/top-right.png) bottom right fixed no-repeat;
background-color:#ffffff;