Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How To Remove the Footer Text?

Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:53 PM
shinch1

2 posts · Mar 2009
How To Remove the Footer Text?

Hi,

I need to remove the following links from the footer.php file.

"Powered by WordPress - Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll".

What part of code can I copmment out?

Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:56 PM
bpbaker

23 posts · Dec 2008
Whitstable, Kent, England.
You need to PM Flynn and ask him how much this will cost. Whatever the cost it will be great value.

Personally I'm happy to leave it there as a mark of appreciation for the work that Flynn has done and continues to do. The more people who use this theme and donate, the more work Flynn can do to make it even better.

I understand if people want to use it on a commercial site they might not like to let people know that they got the theme for nothing.

Perhaps another option would be if the footer said something like 'Built by XXX using Utahualpa from BytesforAll', then visitors would at least see that you'd put some work into coming up with your own version using the built-in options.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 01:34 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I fully agree. If your site is a non-commercial site, what harm is there in crediting the tools? You will actually be helping yourself by leaving them. The support that those links attracts can only help improve the tools.

Of course if your web site is commercial, the tools are a distraction that you will want to remove. In which case, the least you can do is give the developer a few bucks.

This theme is obviously the work of hundreds of hours. The quality is high. The creativity is immeasurable.