Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] BFA Recent Comments, not all links working

Old Sep 3, 2009, 03:17 AM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
I have a fairly standard implementation of Atahualpa. The only real tweak is a CSS insert for an image background on blockquotes.

The BFA Recent Comments widget has a strange behaviour, where every few lines are not active links. Some are, some are not. I can't see the pattern. I thought maybe it was related to zebra behaviour, so I turned off 'highlighting on hover' for tables just in case, but that didn't work. I have it enabled just on category pages for testing.

The wordpress built-in Recent Comments widget works as expected. I have it on all pages for you to inspect.

Any suggestions?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 05:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what are the options you have set in the BFA Recent Comments Widget?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 07:03 AM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
Here's screenshot of the settings, attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bfa settings.JPG
Views:	1259
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	243  
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:51 PM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
For the moment, I switched to WP RecentComments, so have disabled the BFA version. This question can be considered low priority now.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 01:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ok this is just a 'how does this work issue.'

If you look at the settings you chose, you picked 'Author Name on: Post Title'

The first item in your choice THAT IS UNDERLINED will be the 'first link' the second item underlined is the 'second link'. Since there is only one item underlined, that now reflects what you have chosen in the second section.

You picked the first option and said 'let the first link point at the authors homepage - the second link doesn't apply since there is no second link. So the only time you could link is if the user had left a website when they made the comment.

You need to point the first link at the comments to get it to work in your case.

Lots of possible combinations and ways to mess yourself up.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 03:05 PM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
oohhhhh you're a genius, thanks mate. I'll probably swap back to the BFA widget tomorrow.

Last edited by Gravity; Sep 3, 2009 at 03:17 PM.