Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] BFA Recent Comments

Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:01 PM
Tammy

14 posts · Jul 2009
Is it possible to exclude your own comments with this widget? Maybe something that could be edited in the theme editor?

Thanks.
Tammy
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you say your own comments, do you mean 'Admin' or are you asking is there a way to exclude comments made by a particular user or group of users?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:05 PM
Tammy

14 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Juggledad,

I mean admin comments. This way it will show everyone's comments but mine. I didn't see a way to do this in the widget and was wondering if it was something that could be done in the editor.

Thanks.
Tammy
Old Jul 22, 2009, 05:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well you can do this. In Atahualpa 3.4.2 edit bfa_recent_comments.php line 120 should be
HTML Code:
	    foreach ($comments as $comment) {
put the following code right after that line. You must change juggledad to the name you want to skip. This may be 'Admin' or your full name depending on the settings for the user at dashboard->Users
HTML Code:
if ($comment->comment_author == 'juggledad') continue;
you could add multiple copies of this line with different names in it, if there was any need to do that.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 08:43 AM
Tammy

14 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you! That worked!