Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Searching old and new parts of site

Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:18 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I've just made the big change, making the WP site the active part of the site, so that if you just type in the domain, you go to the WP pages. Whew! Still a little slow, and I have an urgent request in to the ISP guys to figure out why that is.

Anyway, one thing I haven't figured out (among many!) is how to get the search function to reach backward and search the old HTML files, not just within the WP database. Those old files were searched in the past with a Google custom search. Should I just put that in place in lieu of the built-in WP search widget?

Can I put in some code to force the WP search to cover the whole site, old and new?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:14 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You would have to use the Google search for this. WP doesn't know of the static HTML sites. A plugin would have to scan your files and put them into the database. I don't think there's a plugin that would do this
Old May 14, 2012, 02:06 AM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
How do I configure a search like that and would you still remember how the plugin was called?
Old May 14, 2012, 05:32 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I ended up using Google custom search for this.
Old May 14, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Is that a plugin and can you configure it to search accross different sites, we have a main domain called www.tribe-online.de while the archive is called archiv.tribe-online.de
Old May 14, 2012, 10:17 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Hody... If you do a search for "Google custom search" either though Google or at wordpress.org you will get plenty of info on this.