Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Unusual plugin/login issue

Old Nov 8, 2009, 09:05 AM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
Unusual plugin/login issue

This might belong on the wordpress forum instead, but I'd welcome advice. I'm using WP 2.8.5, atahualpa 3.4.4. When I login to the site, it's no problem, but then when I try to add a new plugin from the admin panel, it sends me to a new wordpress login screen, and my login won't work for it. Any idea what gives? the site is www.threeguysonebook.com.

thanks,
jc
Old Nov 8, 2009, 09:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you say
Quote:
...when I try to add a new plugin from the admin pane...l
do you mean 'Activate' or are you using the add function?

What happens if you swap to the default theme?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 09:27 AM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
I mean when I hit "add new" under plugins. The problem is the same, regardless of theme.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, then it's a Wordpress issue, not theme related. Check to see what the permissions for the 'wp-content' and 'wp-content/plugins' folders are. It might be a permission issue.

If I had the probelm, I'd find out where that code is and start adding echo statements in till I found out where it was going wrong. But I also have a copy running on my local server so it only takes me a moment to make changes to the code...

But start by checking the permissions
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:32 AM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
thanks jd.
The permissions for those two folders show that I have read/write/execute for user, but only read/execute for group and world. Is that as it should be?

It was working fine yesterday, so maybe I should turn off the last couple of plugins added and check? Is that a plausible path to take?

thanks
jc
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
My general trouble shooting technique is, if it worked before you did X, then back out X and see if it works again. It might not, but that is the palce to start.