Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Logo area customization

Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:39 AM
honeydew

4 posts · Feb 2014
Logo area customization

Hi, I have been trying to customize my wp site with atahualpa, and have been using the forums to answer many questions as I go, but here's one I'm stuck with. I love this theme, but have no real knowledge with coding, so it has been a steep learning curve. :-)

I used the directions from this post to try to customize my logo area. I chose option 2.

I assumed the new widget area would be at the very top of the page where the logo area was. It is now under the banner, and does not display my image, only the text that is automatically filled when there is no image.

I copy & pasted the code given, replacing my domain name as instructed. Was there something else I was supposed to change?

And, is there any way to make this widget to show up at the very top in the logo area, or is it meant to show up under the banner?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The order of the items in the 'Configure Header Area' from left to right corrispond to how they will show top to bottom
also that post is almost 3 years old and was for version 3.6.4 and we are now at version 3.7.13…

It may work or it might not, keep us informed as to how it goes.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 03:47 PM
honeydew

4 posts · Feb 2014
(ok I guess my reply didn't get through I'll try again)

What I can share with you at this point is a couple of things:

1) the logo widget area won't show up on the live site, but it is finally showing up in my widget page in the backend. It didn't at first.

2) since the install of the exec php plugin I have now gotten these messages when updating a post:

The backup of this post in your browser is different from the version below. Restore the backup.

Exec-PHP WYSIWYG Conversion Warning. Saving this article will render all contained PHP code permanently unuseful. Even if you are saving this article through the Code editor. You can turn off this warning in your user profile. Ignore this warning in case this article does not contain PHP code. Read the Exec-PHP documentation if you are unsure what to do next.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned...

I now have 4 new widget areas in my widget page I can't figure out how to delete. I have discovered that once you save the changes in the theme settings page to create it, that even when you delete it and save again, it remains on your widgets page. How are they deleted? One of them, the one under the banner area shows as an empty box on the live site.

All I am trying to do is balance the top with my logo image and share buttons with the appropriate links. Since this way no longer works, is there a very simple way to achieve this?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 06:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
(if a post doesn't show up right away, it may have been automatically put in the 'moderated' queue. Posting again won't change that. You just have to wait till someone gets to it and aproves the post)

Quote:
1) the logo widget area won't show up on the live site, but it is finally showing up in my widget page in the backend. It didn't at first.
Did you read the on screen documentation at ATO->Add new WIDGET AREAS?

Quote:
2) since the install of the exec php plugin I have now gotten these messages when updating a post:

The backup of this post in your browser is different from the version below. Restore the backup.

Exec-PHP WYSIWYG Conversion Warning. Saving this article will render all contained PHP code permanently unuseful. Even if you are saving this article through the Code editor. You can turn off this warning in your user profile. Ignore this warning in case this article does not contain PHP code. Read the Exec-PHP documentation if you are unsure what to do next.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned...
did you do a google search?
Quote:
I now have 4 new widget areas in my widget page I can't figure out how to delete.
Did you read the on screen documentation at ATO->Add new WIDGET AREAS?

Quote:
All I am trying to do is balance the top with my logo image and share buttons with the appropriate links. Since this way no longer works, is there a very simple way to achieve this?
I'm not sure from your posts what you are trying to do. A link to your URL and a diagram of what you are trying to accomplish might help out.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:56 AM
honeydew

4 posts · Feb 2014
Thanks for the feedback, admittedly, I have read, read, and read more. To the point where now I am so confused not much is making sense. I had to take a day away from it.

That being said, I reread the add new widget area info, which helped a solve my issues with the placement of the new widget in the logo area. I was trying to place it in the center column, as soon as I added it to the header area it showed up in the right place. Duh.

I had read on one of the forum threads your suggestion of how to make a 2 box widget area, one to hold the logo, and one to hold the social media buttons, but I can't find it anymore. How would I change this code <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Logo-widget-area'); ?> to make 2 boxes? I think this will give me the results I want. (Which is at the top of the page, the logo shows up on the left, with a link to the home page, and social media buttons show up to the right of the logo, namely facebook, pinterest, google+. It would be nice to have the search bar underneath these icons. Is this possible?)

In regards to my concerns about the warning message re: exec php, I'm not sure what to google? I don't understand what the message means, or if it is concerning.

My guess at this point, is since I am trying to approach the logo area layout in a different manner, I can uninstall that plugin and hopefully there are no other issues???

Again, thanks for the help.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
My guess at this point, is since I am trying to approach the logo area layout in a different manner, I can uninstall that plugin and hopefully there are no other issues???
try it and see what happens, that's what I'd have to do to tell you what would happen.