Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Issue with Hierarchical Pages plugin

Old Oct 27, 2013, 06:23 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
[SOLVED] Issue with Hierarchical Pages plugin

Hi,

As of recently, whenever I click on a menu item (page) in any of the menu widgets that I have, the child and parent pages open not only within that menu widget (which is what they should do) but in all menu widgets. I disabled all plugins but that did not help. I know I tinkered with the PageNavi plugin but I deleted that one altogether. Other than that I don't remember doing anything major except for upgrading to the new WP version, 3.7.

I left a support request on the plugin support page but have not received a response. I know this is is not an Atahualpa problem per se but you guys always provide such great support; would you care to take a quick look, and click on any of the menu items in the left hand bar (skip the top two as they don't have child pages)? The address is http://www.cornetsdegroot.com/
I appreciate!

Best,
Rutger
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the exact item to click on? I don't quite understand the issue. When I click on say 'De kunst van het falen (’78)' only it shows with children

Last edited by lmilesw; Oct 27, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:34 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi JD,

Right, it shows with children but it does so in all the menu widgets. The language (Dutch) doesn't make it easier but e.g. 'De kunst van het falen' has the following 6 children:

Nawerk
Inleidend
Over Gresshoff en Elsschot
Over Den Haag en Rodenko
Over het schrijven als levensproces
Recensies van ‘De kunst van het falen’

Now, if you look under the other menu widgets, you will see that these 6 children are displayed at the bottom of all menu widgets. That should not be, and it never was; they should only open below the respective parent page in the respective menu widget...

Thanks, I knew I could count on your help!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ah, now I see. I didn't notice they weren't indented.

I'm sure this is going to be another WordPress 3.7 bug (excluding menu items from a category menu doesn't work because of a WP 3.7 bug)

What menu widget are you using?
(note: I am going out on a date day with the wife so it will be a number of hours before i reply)
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:20 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
The top menu widget (this is all regardig the left hand menu bar only) is Menu 1 (Page Menu), the widget below that is just Links, and all the other ones are from the Hierarchical Pages plugin. Does that help? And can I downgrade without losing any settings, and would that recover the issue for now?
Hope you had a good Sunday, I had one myself!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 02:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You can downgrade as long as you did a database backup before you installed P 3.7...you did do a backup right?

You would restore your database and get a copy of WP 3.6.1 and manually replace everything in the WP folder EXCEPT for wp-contents and wp-config.php

The Hierarchical Pages Widget plugin only states it is compatible up to 3.4.2 so that might be the problem. In my test using two 'custom menu' widgets, I see no problem.

You are going to have to
1) wait till the plugin author fixes it or
2) revert to 3.6.1 or
3) find a different plugin