Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

cant get rid of google analytics code since i updated to Atahualpa theme?

Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:36 AM
123davelee

10 posts · Aug 2009
i want to delete the code from my wp site and cant find it anywhere? it is taking way too long for pages to load. i already deleted my account from the actual site of google analytics but now i need to pysically remove the java code . it is not in the atahualpa theme editing area anywhere !...
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How did you add it originally? If it was using another theme, swap back to that theme and remove it, then swap back to Atahualpa. If it was using a plugin, disable the plugin
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:31 AM
123davelee

10 posts · Aug 2009
oh wow ! i did not think about that,,, thanx.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:31 AM
123davelee

10 posts · Aug 2009
actually, i have changed my theme several times in the last 5 months. i have no idea which one i was using when i added google analytics.??
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If this is the same site as your other post, it looks like the Google Analyticals code is in your left sidebar second to last widget
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:23 AM
123davelee

10 posts · Aug 2009
(((( Resolved ))))

Thank you much juggledad !!!!!!!!!!!! how did you find it ???
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I viewed the page source and searched for 'analy' and it showed me that it was in the left sidebar and by looking at the <div..>'s I could tell which one it was.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:02 AM
123davelee

10 posts · Aug 2009
thank you again, ... funny how you learn something new everyday with seo.

since you really seem to know what you are talking about, how about this, : two of my sites ( which have good , unique content and i do update them 2 times a week, are NOT getting crawled for some reason by the bots? i have sitemaps and have submitted the sites to many social directories..??
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:49 AM
Prose

2 posts · Aug 2009
Dave, to learn how to improve site optimization at least for Google, go to Webmaster tools. http://www.google.com/webmasters/. I didn't look at your site, but if you overload your meta tags and do a few other things that break the "rules" your site can get excluded from the crawl.

Also, Analytics should not be slowing your site down, especially if you are loading it above the closing </body> tag, as is recommended. Standard JS loads serially (ajax is diff), so if you put the tracking code as the last element in your page, it won't interfere with pageload (although if readers click through quickly, you'll lose the hit count for those readers).