Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Oversized Excerpt Photos

Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
Oversized Excerpt Photos

Hello,

When I use the excerpt feature anywhere (archives, categories, search, etc) the excerpts displayed have some photos that display WAY too big. They take up close to the whole screen.

It doesn't happen on all the posts but I can't seem to narrow it down to a problem with the photos or anything else??

Help please??

Dani

example: http://theadventurebite.com/?s=goats...&submit=Search
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should resize the image it is 3216 × 4288 which is way way to big for your page
did you set that as the featured image?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
Ah. I see the problem now. I have an auto featured image creator setup and it is creating those that giant. Must change that.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:02 PM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
It appears that my old posts where I was uploading straight to Wordpress are doing this mostly. That plant image also was a direct upload as I was having trouble with getting Facebook sharing and needed to force it to recreate a thumbnail.

Could you be so kind to look at the other images on the site and let me know your thoughts on their sizes?

I am using Flickr to host them and I upload them at a compressed size/lower clarity. I would like to know if they look reasonable or if I could be saving bandwidth and loading time by trying something else.

Thanks so much!

Dani
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
best way to check that is use FireBug in FireFox and look at the NET options that show the length of time and size of everything loaded